Sunday, October 13, 2013

I Got Sober Because...

I read a post last night on a dear friend of mine's blog.....   She wrote her reasons for quitting drinking and I couldn't have written it better myself.   It was a great reminder of why I'm here, sober on Day 59!!!

Here is the link.  It's a must read:   http://ohfortheloveofme.blogspot.ca/2013/10/i-got-sober-because.html

I will admit that the biggest reason out of all those was my sleep!!  Boy oh boy, did I ever spend countless amounts of restless nights, tossing and turning and tossing and turning and waking up to get Tylenol or Advil and water....so that I wouldn't be as hungover the next morning when I had to go into work.    I hated not getting my rest!   It pissed me off so much, how can someone live off minimum amount of sleep....   And of course, my alcoholic mind tried to convince myself that I had Insomnia.   I researched Insomnia and tried to cure my sleeplessness with some of their suggestions.   Needless to say, nothing worked.   Nothing worked until I stopped drinking!    Now, my sleeps are deep.  I do wake up to pee once in a while ( I am over 40 ya know) but I fall immediately fall asleep instead of tossing and turning.

In the past couple of weeks, I have thought of drinking ....a lot..... but I always think back to the way I felt two months ago.....spiralling out of control....just lost....and wanting more booze on a daily basis.....not sleeping....disappointing my kids....feeling the guilty.....feeling shitty everyday.   

That's why I haven't picked up again!

Hugs 

Jen
Day friggen 59!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh the sleep thing is the BEST! That's exactly what kept me sober in the early days. Sweet, blissful, deep sleep. It's still that good too!

    59! Woot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sleep is amazing, isn't it? I love it!

    Like you, I've been thinking about drinking again sometimes lately, but seeing how well other people are doing reminds me to stay strong. Big congrats on 59 days!

    ReplyDelete