Monday, October 14, 2013

What Clicked?

I have a couple of sober pen pals and I enjoy having them in my life.  Without them, I don't know where I'd be.....    

I actually wonder if I would be drinking today if it wasn't for someone reaching out to me, telling me that my blog has helped them so much. ....  




I always believed that I have a purpose in life.  And, if I can help one person get sober, with my past experiences of trying to get there, then I've served my purpose!  Jen







It's not just about getting sober....it's about finding the thing inside of us that yearns for some clarity and freedom from the bottle.  It's about being at peace within ourselves and living life to the fullest.   It's about getting full night sleeps, getting healthy, being good moms and dads, saving money and being in total control of ourselves 24 hours a day.   It's about showing our children that they can fight any addiction or problem that comes their way!

My sober buddies and this blog are what has kept me sober for 60 days!!    I made it to 60 Days!!

One lady asked me "What clicked?'   A lot of things came together for me at once.   I read a book at camp this summer called "Drunk Mom" by Jowita Bydlowska  http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/15799161-drunk-mom   The author describes in detail how she hits rock bottom and something just clicks for her.  

I think for me, it was just "the wanting" that changed dramatically.   If you read my post from around 62 days ago Wanting... or Same ole Drunk, I went from wanting booze to wanting to feel alive again.  

I was running along the country road at camp, listening to my music and the song "Good Feeling" came on.    I loved the feeling I got when I ran, and I knew that the drinking part of my life slowed me down drastically.  I was born to run.  I have the legs, strength, health and body to do it.   When I'm running, I get a euphoric feeling that I'm searching for...the one I often got when I was drinking.   I truly believe that this setting was the moment that "something clicked".  This was when I decided that I've had enough of wanting something that didn't make me feel good about myself or as the person that I wanted to be.   I also wanted sobriety for so many other reasons as well but mainly because I was tired of the fighting with my inner voice, tired of the guilt, tired of disappointing my kids, tired of spending money, tired of the lack of sleep.  I love sleep!

 
Listen to the song......the good feeling comes when something clicks and you grab the world by the friggen balls because you are soooooo done fighting with your head!!  It's freedom!

and it does get easier.....

take it from someone who has tried to quit for seven years!!

this is my longest sober time!!
Yay


Hugs
Jen  
Day 60!


Visit my new blog.  I'm going to talk about my addiction with food....and my training for a full marathon (it's on my bucket list)  I'm not going to chat about my alcohol issues there because I have friends from work and home that will be visiting that one....   Thank you so much for all your support during my journey.  Jen's Quest for a Healthy Lifestyle

I know I'm not recovered in any way....I'm always on the lookout for ....ya know....all the bullshit that comes along with trying to get sober....  

4 comments:

  1. I've really been enjoying your blog - thank you for sharing! I greet hat sooner or later, you just have that aha moment where things just click. It doesn't mean that sobriety is in ally easy (it isn't), but it becomes easier to see that the negative aspects of drinking far outweigh the positive aspects. Bravo to you on 60 days!! N

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bravo my friend. I've been reading your blogs for a long time (the old one and now this one) and I don't think I've ever "heard" you so centered and committed.

    I know this is it for you. You're right where you're supposed to be.

    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  3. 5 DAYS Jen, 5 whole days and feeling grand. B.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is friggen amazing anonymous!!! I'm so friggen happy I just read your comment .....made me forget about my last post!!

      It's hard but it get's easier..... doesn't show today but we are stronger than the substance!

      Keep it up, B!!!!

      xoxoxoxoxo

      Delete