Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Day 26...Yay! Day 27 too....

Well, I must admit....the last few days have been easier.  I haven't thought much about drinking or wanting booze to relax my body.  I've turned my focus on other things...rearranging things, work, kids, rest, reading, eating, running, sleeping....

I think that the tough parts of my sobriety passed....maybe not all parts....like I haven't been invited to a wedding yet, or I haven't had a birthday yet..... but other tough parts....

....the cravings are the worst things to beat....once they come, you really have to fight em....fight em till they pass because once they're gone for the night, they're gone....and it feels so damn good to win the fight...

....facing drinking buddies was tough....they are still going through Jen withdrawals but I know they will be okay

....feeling bored and lonely were feelings I really had to face up to......  I wonder if I will ever meet someone who doesn't drink to spend my life with .....

.....dealing with stress was huge.....once that old ticker starts pounding, it's so much easier to grab a drink to calm it down.....but then what.....stress is still there the next day....and the next day.....  dealing head on, sober, with the shit we go through is so much easier.....



2nd part....

Today is Day 27....I'm finishing last night's post here....

I went to mediation class today and the teacher told us that we should be meditating everyday.....make it a habit...

He said that it takes 21 days to make new habits or break old ones.   21 days!   Maybe that's why things seem so much easier lately....  I've made new habits.  ....new habits for dealing with stress....new after work routines....new refreshing drinks and teas have been tested.....new habit to take time for me....including quiet time and rest.....

I love meditation class!  This is my second session with this instructor.  I took the first session last year when I quit drinking the last time, but I couldn't bring myself into a deep meditation.   I think I'm at a better place in my life today.

I feel fantastic!  Finally catching up on sleep!  Haven't been hungover in 27 days!  That friggen rocks!
If you'd have read my blog last month, you wouldn't believe that I'd be saying how great I feel today as a sober woman.  I was spiralling out of control......and thought there was no way out.  

It's hard to believe that sobriety could take you out of that rut we are stuck in while we are drinking...that wanting....the cravings..... they really do all pass when we are strong enough to say I'm done with the shit!

God Bless
Jen

3 comments:

  1. Super happy to hear you're doing so well! Big huge hoorays for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy to know you're better! Happy pink cloud!

    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jen! So glad to hear that you're doing better, it sure does sound like the pink cloud has come over you! Woot woot on 27 day! Keep sober. {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete