Monday, August 19, 2013

Day 4

I went out to dinner with my sister....yes....that same place and that same sister that I went to dinner with  a couple of weeks ago when I tried to get sober and found myself drinking a large Ceasar!

I had water and a great meal.  I felt empowered.  I told my sister that I was trying to quit because I've been struggling with alcohol for almost 7 years.  I told her I was tired of feeling like shit, tired of running to booze when I 'm stressed or anxious, tired of hiding beer bottles all over the house.

My sister is my best friend....extremely loving and supportive.  She actually told me that she was tired too.   She's been drinking a lot lately and it's catching up to her.

I'm feeling good.  She even noticed that my face isn't as bloated..... and last night I didn't get up once....I woke up to birds chirping this morning!!   That's sobriety and I love it.

Now tomorrow brings a new day and my life becomes chaotic again.  My children come back from their fathers....no more calmness and tranquility in this house......well, maybe there will be a little because there is no alcohol involved anymore.  If I can remain calm during the kids  whininess or fighting or sloppiness...maybe they will be calmer?!   I know I have big time parenting skills to work on...no more hiding the behind the bottle to forget about all the damn noise.....I'm going to hit it dead on!   Lots of love....lots of love.....

1 comment: