Sunday, April 7, 2013

The Energy Thief

I got into a new ebook this weekend, after pulling through a tough Friday night of stress and life.  It's called "How to Beat the Energy Thieves and Make Your Life Better" by Jess Miller.  You can download it for free at www.EnergyThieves.com

It describes what is really happening to our energy when we reach out for that one sweet, innocent, lifeless, bloodsucking drink.  Here is a quote I'm pulling from the book that I just can't put into my own words.

The energy thieves have but one objective, to tear your life apart and stop you accessing and using your true powers to find and follow your true purpose as a happy, fulfilled and content human being filled with good purpose and living a beneficial existence for you and those around you.

What an amazing quote!!  Perfect for me at this point in my life as I search for my purpose on earth.  I have been searching for my purpose, spirituality and calmness in my life for so many years!!  How do I expect to get that when I've been giving alcohol all of my energy?  I think that the more I learn about myself as a sober person, the more I like me.  I don't want to give my energy to wine or beer anymore.  I want to keep it so that I can continue to accomplish my goals in life, to be a better mom, more compassionate and giving to others, rich, and healthy.

Here is a glass of wine.  Lifeless.  Look at it closely.  It has no energy.  There's no harm in that sweet, innocent glass.........................................until.....

Taken from Google Images





...WE GIVE IT ALL OUR ENERGY!

Taken from Google Images

It steals our energy!!!  Swirls around in the glass waiting for you to pick it up and give it YOUR energy!!  The energy you had to accomplish the things you were supposed to accomplish!

We think it's helping us get through a tough day, or deal with all the bullshit life brings us, but it doesn't!  It makes us feel different!  NOT Better!  And definitely not better the next day, when we have to deal with dehydration and hangovers!

I'm done with it!  I'm not giving booze my energy anymore!  I'm going to keep it for me!  I'm going to keep it for the people in my life that need me!  This is how I will find my happiness!  I know it is.  I'm tired of being tired!  Energy-less!  Unhealthy!

God Bless
Jen
Day twenty-friggen-five!!

No comments:

Post a Comment