Saturday, April 13, 2013

I Closed My Eyes for a Second

Last night, I closed my eyes for a second.

When I opened them I was sitting at a bar with my friends.  I had 120 bucks in my pocket and I was convinced that I wasn't going to spend it on booze.  I drank water while my friend ordered their drinks.
A few hours later, I was sitting at the bar chugging down some beer quickly for last call. I reached into my pocket and only had 20 dollars left.  Shit, I was pissed!  I drank my money away....again.  How the fuck was I going to get home, I thought?
I hopped into a cab with my friend and dropped her off first.   She left her share of the cab fare and I told the driver to bring me home but I only had 20 bucks left.  I made it home and when I stepped out of the cab to pay the driver, I reached into my pocket and found that I had 100 bucks.  I guess I didn't spend my money after all!  I  must have been dreaming!  I woke up feeling very relieved that I was really dreaming and I didn't spend my money or drink with my drunken friends.

Last night, I closed my eyes for a second, and I fell asleep.   When I woke up, I looked over at my daughter and was extremely grateful that I was only dreaming.....grateful that I had no hangover!

I dreamed that I was dreaming that I was drinking.  It was crazy.  Don't know if it even makes any sense to you readers. It makes sense to me.

I always brought 120 bucks when I went to the bar.  I always got home with a small amount of pocket change.  I haven't spent money on alcohol in 31 days!   I'm loving it!   I'm definitely going to see a difference in my budgeting plans.   I've decided to treat myself to a pedicure and a manicure this month.  I will make an appointment for this week.  I haven't done anything special for me for a very long time.   I could never afford it because I spent a lot of money on alcohol related activities.

The month of December, I spent:

Nov 30:  54.60
Dec 17.  16.25
Dec 18. 16.25
Dec20.  37.80
Dec21.   21.90
Dec24.   76.15
Dec27.  29.90
Dec31.  41.95

Total  294.80

In one month, this is what I spent on booze!!  In one year at this rate, I would have spent $3537.60.   That's enough for a nice trip to Europe, or Jamaica, or Dominican Republic.  I've never traveled to anywhere outside Canada.  I plan on taking a trip for sure this year.  I will save this money up into an account so I can live my life and see the world.

God Bless
Day 31

3 comments:

  1. Ah the relief when you realise it was just a dream! I don't miss the hangovers that's for sure. That's some trip you're going get with all that spare cash and it'll be well earned. Enjoy the pampering, what a nicer way to spend your hard earned dosh!
    Go Jen
    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't this great! Now you have money to spend on yourself! I did the same, never had money for me, well, I did, for me booze! Lol! And those dreams... Ugh.... I had few strange one myself! But the good part is that you wake up and your sober and you go oh thank god! See, no one ever thinks, oh that was a great dream, I want to go back! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you looking for a Game Boy Advanced SP? If you are, and you are on a budget, one of the easiest ways to save money while spending it is to shop frugally for whatever it is you are looking for. Often times during the holiday season, many specials will be run especially in the electronic sector of the commercial world. Here are a few ways that you can save money on your next GameBoy Advanced SP.
    LOL Coaching

    elo boost

    ReplyDelete