Sunday, March 17, 2013

Finding my Purpose - Part 2


Step 2 in Finding your purpose is 


Write down the names of people that you admire, and why you admire them


1- Ellen -for her humour, honesty and out-goingness

2-  My son -for being such an amazing soul, so caring and thoughtful of others

3-  My mommy -for putting up with my dad's anger and drunkenness throughout their marriage

4-  My sister for being such a grown-up when me and no one else were

5-  My boss - for his outlook on life, even after losing someone you love. He's taught me so much about life and letting go of bad things 

6-  Runners - for being strong and motivated to continue running 

7-  God - for blessing me with 3 beautiful children, a great career and the ability to be independent and take care of myself

8-  Non - drinkers for being themselves, sober 

9- Me -  for putting myself through university and raising 3 kids alone

10.  My dad - for always lending a helping hand to people, even when it pisses him off and it takes him away from his booze 

I promised myself I wouldn't post until I could put 10 people on this list.  It's not as easy as it seems, especially when you've lived a secluded, drunken life. 

The second part of this step tells me the following:

When you're done, look at the list and know that what you appreciate about others, is also in you. You are attracted to these qualities, because they speak to you, and they speak to you, because they are a part of your path. If this was your list, Stepping out of the box, telling the truth, and living out loud would be action steps that would take you toward your purpose. Adopt these admiration's of others as a way for you to show up in the world. These are your actions.
From Website:   http://www.wikihow.com/Image:Find-Your-Life%27s-Purpose-Step-1.jpg

Action steps to take me toward my purpose

I will take the following action steps from the people I admire!  I will be honest and more out-going like Ellen. I will continue to be funny and make people laugh, even as a sober person!  I will be more considerate, like my son and think about others before I react when I'm feeling angry or pissed off at the world, especially when I cause a spill or make a mess.  I will be more grown-up, like my sister, which should be easier as I sober up. I will continue to take my boss' advice!  I will be kind and sober.  I will stop my angry outburst like my father had with us all my life.  I don't want to be like him in that way....just his helpful, kind ways.   I will continue to run and focus on completing my marathon goal!

1 comment:

  1. Most kids that are video game fanatics are often careless with their product because more than likely they did not have to pay for it. This may cause a bit of financial confusion and lead parents to either maxing out their credit cards or paying for a new electronic device to make their kids happy. To save money, there are a few ways that you can get a wholesale deal on many electronic items, including the Game Boy advance. Here are a few tips on how to do this.
    LOL Boost

    Buy League of Legends Coaching

    ReplyDelete