Sunday, March 31, 2013

Being Sober is Like...

I must admit that being sober hasn't taken me to different (imaginary) places yet. I don't feel like I'm at a beach or swimming in an ocean, or visiting the Eiffel Tower!

I do know that I love the health benefits from it.  I love waking up, without that heavy feeling in my body.  I am energized because I'm able to sleep through the night without worrying about being dehydrated.

I feel more peaceful and patient with my children.  I feel like I'm able to let all the negative people and thoughts flow in my body and pass through it, easier than before.  Maybe my meditation class is helping with that.  It's teaching me that we are all just a spirit.  We are borrowing this body we have and when we don't take care of it, it dies.  Then our spirit lives on forever.

I want to take care of this body.  Stop putting toxins in it. Live a healthy lifestyle for longevity.

I must admit though that being sober has left me feeling lonely. I've been isolating myself because all my friends and family members love alcohol.  I'm trying to find friends that don't need to drink.  I've been going to a gym in hopes to meeting new people.  I'm sure as time passes and my sober days increase, things will fall into place.  Everything happens for a reason!  Our past experiences makes us who we are today!

I'm almost finished painting three bedrooms. I think I'll paint my recroom next. Lol. Gotta keep busy!

Jen
Day 18

No comments:

Post a Comment