Sunday, January 13, 2013

Will I ever be ready?

Life is so stressful!  Mine is right now.  I feel like I'm drowning and there's no one there to save me.   I don't know how to get control back.  Kids are walking all over me.  My ex is an ass.  I'm broke because of Christmas.  I'm lonely.  I'm gaining weight because I find comfort in food and booze lately.
How do you snap out of this big ocean that just wants to swallow me?

The drink makes me not think for a while about all these stresses in my life.  Nothing else can do that for me right now.  Yesterday, I painted my daughters room and had a couple of beers, hidden in the garage (I won't drink in front of my kids) and I felt happy.  But ...the reality is ...I"m still not happy.

Will I ever be ready to lead a sober life like some of you who made it past 100 days?  I want to be able to write that on my blog one day.

How?  I don't feel strong enough to fight anymore.  I'm getting old and I'm very tired.

Winters are long and depressing eh?



1 comment:

  1. I remember wondering how I would ever find happiness let alone cope without alcohol. That unknown is so scary in the early days, but those with 100+ days would probably all say it gets easier. The longer I fought the fight, the easier it got. It is a hard leap to make and harder to stay the course early on, but you know what we all knew/know deep down: we are so worth it.

    ReplyDelete