Saturday, January 19, 2013

Day 6

***I don't want to be that woman again, who loses control of her body, her words, her mind! I love being aware of the little things around me...haven't been like that in a while. 

This is what I wrote on my previous blog six months ago when I was on day 6!   I still feel that way even more now than I did then.  

I am doing good!  I must admit that I feel like I'm doing good because my kids were at their dad's from Monday (day 1) to Wednesday (day3).    This is the only reason I got to Day 4 I'm sure. The first 3 "sober" days was me, going to work and coming home to a quiet, home with no screaming or fighting.  I did no housework, no  cooking, no chatting or visiting friends, no dating. ...I came home, cried, slept on the couch and watch movies for 3 days.  It gave me a jump start to what needed to be done!  It was me in detox mode...big time!   I even cut out sweets and junk food!   Almost lost my friggen mind!  

It sucked bad. Cravings suck!  I wish they would just go away and I could be a "Regular" drinker....the take it or leave it kind....

I heard a couple of times this week, that if you could make it past day 3, it gets easier!   This is absolutely true!   It got easier and is getting easier.  It's probably helping that I'm only 3 pounds from my goal weight and I don't want the extra calories from booze..... I know from reading blogs and past experiences that I've always gotta be ready, whether I'm at my goal weight and have nothing left to lose, or not.

So, to anyone wanting to fight this crazy ass addiction, start by preparing 3 days!  3 days where you can be alone, with your thoughts only....no stresses ....if you have kids, get your better half to take them away from you if need be done!   I think it's worth it!  We are worth it!  You're worth it!

2 comments:

  1. i think 'hibernating' is definitely a coping strategy! hiding on the couch sounds perfect to me. and now you've got a bit of momentum and you're past friday night, and so how does the next week feel? hope you feel like it's clear sailing for a few more days :) hugs from me.

    ReplyDelete