Friday, January 18, 2013

Day 5...Really?


I thought all day that this was day 4.  I had to look at my posts and saw that I'm on day 5!

What a weird day for me.  I felt peaceful for some reason.  I didn't feel stressed even though my parents came up from where they live, decided to spend the night with me and my kids, and have been drinking since 5!  My dad is sloshed and he is sooooo annoying.  My daughter can't believe how drunk he is.  When I said sorry to her, that gramps was drunk, she whispered in my ear "as long as its not you".  Wow!  She's smart, isn't she?

I only had a mild craving after work but kept busy to get it off my mind.  Then I felt a calm and serene feeling all night.  Almost spaced out....my daughter kept saying "what's wrong". And I'd just smile and say...nothing at all.

I'm not saying I got it licked!  I'm saying that I lived for today.  I'm sober and loving it!

3 comments:

  1. Go Jen Go! You can do it. You can. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! So proud of you (but not in a condescending way...in an "I've been there" way). Grab onto that pink cloud and ride it till you're strong enough to let it go.

    Yay you!

    ReplyDelete