Thursday, January 17, 2013

Day 4

I compare myself to Dexter.  If you haven't seen the series, it's an amazing show!  I love Dexter.  He is a serial killer that only kills bad people! He also talks about his dark passenger.   Here's a little insight of his dark passenger.

The Dark Passenger is a concept used within the DEXTER Universe to represent the "demon" inside of all of us that actively makes us do terrible things. While it was actually built upon as being an actual entity in the novels, it more or less is the level of "darkness" in each person's personality that can either control them or be controlled.
Wow eh!   I have a dark passenger!  His name is Al (short for Alcohol).  He's my demon.  Makes me do terrible, stupid things.  He is my darkness....he tries hard to control me and I hate him for that.    I'm working on letting this passenger go, but he's not going easily.  He's fighting back and he has no place to go....so he's clinging on to me.   I will find a way to let my dark passenger go...   He's on his way out!

Don't know if this made sense to any of you.  I'm exhausted!  I know I'm rambling.  

But, I survived Day 4.  Tomorrow is Friday and that's a whole other issue.  Al loves Fridays!

2 comments:

  1. i remember writing something about dehydrating the wolf (or in your case, Al). i went and looked it up, here's the link https://tiredofthinkingaboutdrinking.wordpress.com/2012/08/20/dehydrate-the-wolf/
    "Sorry wolfie, can’t hear you, i’m COUNTING MY MONEY." :) Happy Friday to you. Bath, bed, a good book, you've got this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Day 4!!! You're over halfway to a full damn week!!! Woo-hoo!

    Your post makes perfect senses. I have personified not only my addiction (the beast) but also that part of me that loves to beat me up...that insecure little child who still believes she's not worth anything. I call her the Boxing Bitch because she used to knock me out on a regular basis.

    Funny...haven't been in the ring with her for a long time. The longer I keep the beast away, the longer she keeps her big fat mouth shut.

    You can totally handle Friday. Treat yourself to something nice today (and tomorrow...Saturday can suck too).

    Sherry

    ReplyDelete