Thursday, November 14, 2013

Letter to My Drunk Buddies


Sent 5 minutes ago

Hi L and J. I love you two so much. You both know how I feel lately about my drinking and shit. I quit for 77 days and felt amazing. I want to get that back. So I've decided that I can't drink anymore. Me and booze don't mix. I don't sleep, I get bags, I feel nauseated, and feel like shit when I drink. So why do it! 
I'm done with it. I've went to 3 AA meetings this week and I'm telling you this confidentially because I trust you. I also want you to know how much sobriety means to me. I need to break the cycle for my kids. 
I truly love you two and want to do shit together that is booze-free. Dinner and movies... Walks, coffees.... 
I hope you understand an I know you will support my decision! 
Xoxoxoxo

2 comments:

  1. Good for you!! I love that you have offered suggestions of fun things you can do together that don't involve drinking. Once you establish new routines with friends in non-drinking environments and they see you happy and thriving your sobriety will become less and less of an issue for them no matter what the situation.

    Stay strong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nicely done. any real friend would be happy to support you :) hugs from me.

    ReplyDelete