Friday, October 11, 2013

It's Been a Helluva Friday!!

I got to work today and my old drunk buddies came to see me to talk about how much fun they had at the staff get together last night....  I could smell the booze coming out of their pores.  I've never really smelled booze on people "the day after".   I was told that I smelled aweful a few times....but I always thought people were shitting me.

Anyhow,  they were both beyond hungover....even had to leave to "get sick" a couple of times.  

I don't miss that.   Did I miss the social part of it?  Yes ...very much so.....I miss my buds.  I miss the laughing, letting loose, friendships that I had before.   But I don't really miss the " people talking about how much I drank the night before " part.   One guy couldn't believe how much they drank and had a very tough time understanding why they couldn't pace themselves....  I didn't respond.


I wanted to say:   When people have a problem with alcohol, they CAN'T pace themselves.  They can't just have one or two and be okay with that.   They want more....they want to forget more.....they want to numb the bullshit and not worry for one damn evening about all the problems and stress in their lives.  I wanted to say that he would never be able to understand why because he doesn't have a problem with alcohol   He could have it or leave it....as they say....

Anyhow I watched them suffer all day....and laughed....(sorry, but it was funny because I could have been there if I'd have listened to Wolfie!)

My old drinking buddy begged me to go on a road trip with her so that I wouldn't be alone for Thanksgiving Weekend.

Yes, I'm totally alone.   My kids went to their daddy's which makes me feel very sad.


Here are my options:

a)  Visit my mom and dad about 4  hours away...They are heavy drinkers and cannot go one day without booze.   I'm just not ready to be there right now.  

b)  Go on a road trip to Toronto with my old drinking buddy who yes....loves to drink and party....she was one of the hungover girls today.

c)  Drink with my parents and sisters and have a wild friggen weekend of not thinking and dealing with my stressors

d)  Drink with my drinking buddy all weekend and forget about everyone and all the loneliness I feel.

e)  Drink alone all weekend and have friends come over to drink with me.....get some shit done around here that's been in the works

f)  Follow a Three Days to Vitality Cleanse.  


I choose f!   I have a food addiction!  I have been struggling for a while with food, eating emotionally and probably eating to fill my alcohol void.  I want that to stop.  I've tried a variety of "diets" or new ways of living and I am weak!!  I love food too much.

Last week I was looking through some ebooks I could download and I came across this book.




http://www.amazon.com/Days-Vitality-Cleanse-Clear-Spirit/dp/0060928867







I haven't had time to read through the whole book yet, however, I'm convinced that this is exactly what I need this weekend.  I want a fresh start!  I want to feel more alive, more spiritual, more complete, more content, and more in control of my life.

The book talks about cleaning the internal state of well-being with emotional, physical, and spiritual systems that work together and support each other.  

I went out to buy the food that I needed for this fast.  I am completely committing myself to this...   When will I ever have three full days by myself to find myself, my inner core and my spirit!!!

As we know, blogging has helped us with our sobrieties.  So, in order for me to work on my Food Addiction, I have created a blog about my journey....beginning with this cleanse!!

I've posted the link to my new blog up above (in tab) and here.  This is where I will be all weekend.....   Sober!!   Clean!   Clear minded!  Whole!

I hope to see you there..... (please don't post anything about this blog there)

http://3days2vitality.blogspot.ca

2 comments:

  1. thanksgiving - a time to restore not get so wasted it takes a week to recover. to what end i mean really ....also planning to get through my first sober thanksgiving. gobble gobble! sparking cherry water is delicious! though likely too toxic for vitality.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I began reading this post I found myself holding my breath and hoping you were still sober...then I kept reading. Now I find myself with a lump in my throat and tears in my eyes because not only are you sober but you're making all the right decisions and even choosing what could have been a disasterous weekend and choosing a friggin cleanse!

    You friggin rock you know that? Wow.

    Sherry

    ReplyDelete