Saturday, September 21, 2013

Empowerment!

Today, I woke up and read a couple of blogs and messages ....

I feel empowered today!  I feel empowered every morning when I wake up feeling alive again.  I wake up thinking...fucken sweet....I didn't fall for the voice in my head that tried to convince me to drink last night.  I won!  

I am 42 years old.  I have struggled with alcohol since I was 17 years old, stealing beer from my mom's cases and stealing vodka from the house I babysat at.....  

I tried to quit drinking and tried so hard to break the alcoholic cycle in my family for so many years.

I am doing it today!  I want to do it forever!  I want my kids to continue to have the best mom in the world.  The one that is in control of shit around here.  The one that says "no" and means it!  The one that has rules and consequences for negative behaviour.  I am finally a mom to my children!

My house is organized.  My work is organized.  My body is starting to get healthier....just need to stop eating junk....but I deserve it for now.

I received a message this morning on one of my post which truly inspired me to continue my sober journey, even though some days I want to crawl in a hole.   Helping and inspiring someone has made this journey worth every effort it took to get here.   I feel empowered today!  

I would love to help and inspire anybody that has been in my situations.  If you read my blogs, you know it hasn't been easy for me.  It's been a roller coaster ride for a few years now.  I created a new email address and would love to chat with you when you want to reach out.  

Please don't hesitate to email me at jenssoberhelp@hotmail.com.   I am definitely not a professional sober person.  I am just a lady trying to live sober and healthy just like you.  ... and I'm not in it for the money either.    :)   If I could help one single person in the world, I've served my purpose here on Earth.  

God Bless

Jen
Day 37!   Yay!

6 comments:

  1. I love the fighting spirit you show, so you're already inspiring me! It's good to see you doing so well, because this stuff isn't easy. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guess what? I didn't drink yesterday ! Day 1 wow. Sounds pathetic but Im amazed.
    You are an inspiration to me Jen. Because of the very fact you are exactly like me in being a mum, a teacher all of it is my thoughts and feelings. Actually took my kids out for the day. First sunny day in ages. Took photos of them having pony rides. Watched others on balconies sipping cool beers and crisp whites, went to the bakery and had a dodgy pie and a diet coke. Came home, actually sat with them and watched tv, cuddles, played, went in their 'boat bed' construction in the hall. Had tea, Husband had a wine, I just got given a beautiful bottle of Red for my birthday from 2008, had a sip a few days ago tasted like silk, but no, not one drop! Wasn't even trying not to, weird, didn't fancy a drink. No beer in the house thank god (drank it all the other day!!) but haven't bought more. Got lots on this week, going to try to keep busy. Oh, and slept like a log, feel sick today like I needed that sleep so badly that now I feel worse. Will email you, thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Butterfly!!
      Thank you for your message! I love to see your excitement! I wrote on your blog yesterday.... I'm rooting for you! Kids and I had game day yesterday...played Sorry, laughed and rest led! Went for an hour and half walk tonight. Son played hockey.. Was a great sober weekend.

      I hope this evening brings you joy and peaceful rest! You may feel sick and depressed for a couple of days...but trust me....after being on Day 2 about 15 times....it gets better girl! Much better. I'm almost at Day 40!
      Come with me!!!

      Delete
  3. PS. Still following your blog Jen!! Love your writing style, or rather, 'author voice'. So motivating. !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh and by the way, congrats on days up to and including 40!

      Delete
    2. I'm only on Day 39 but I'm close!!! lol

      Delete