Thursday, August 22, 2013

One Week! Celebration Time!

I am blessed.  I really am!  I am blessed with this new sense of freedom and tranquility I have discovered.   (Tranquility isn't always there, like last night....my heart pounded and I was pissed because my kids didn't want to go to bed....lol) But, I am free from some things I constantly worried about two weeks ago!  I am calmer too.  

August 16th was the day I decided to stop drinking.  As some of you may already know, my daughter has seen her momma at her worst state.  She hates alcohol.  We've had our ups and downs but she will always be my sunshine.  My daughter called me in excitement that night to tell me that she had won a contest!  She entered a video to win 2 tickets to meet and greet Carly Rae Jepson at the Summerfest!  I asked her to send me the video and I am sharing it with you because it's the sweetest thing that could have happened to me on my quit date.




When you wonder if someone is watching over you, something good like this happens.  This video made my decision to quit drinking for the umpteenth time real!

The concert is tonight!  On my one week of sobriety!  What better way to celebrate?   We are going to do our hair and nails, have a dinner date and end our night at a concert.  We even get to meet a superstar!  We are celebrating her winning this contest....but I am the real winner here.  My daughter has her mom back and I have me back!

2 comments:

  1. This is the sweetest thing EVER. Hope the concert was good and that Carly Rae was nice and that you guys had a great time.

    So many blessings in one post. Happy soberversary!

    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great video! So very sweet. I hope you have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete