Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Day 7

I don't like to title my posts by Sober Days but heck I'm at a week, and I had no other title for it this one.

I'm feeling very good.  I started a new meditation class today and am very excited about it.  I learned a lot from it.  It's calledTranscendental Meditation (TM).  Peace is within me.  It's not as hard to find, as I thought.  We need to clear our minds, with our bodies (using breath), and then we feel that peace and serenity we are all looking for.  I need to love myself and be at peace with who I am before I can allow others to love me.   It is my first class, but this meditation focuses on the breath.  Feeling the breath go in and out of the body.  There's no work for me to do, other than just feeling the breath.  No concentrating, no focusing on something, letting thoughts come in and out and re-focusing on the breath.  My mind did transcend a couple of times because my hands (clasped together) became numb.   I enjoyed it and felt good after the class.  I can't wait until next week.  I may actually go back tomorrow for the same first session if I can drag my sister's ass out.  I know she will love it too.

I also feel good because I don't want to drink tonight.  I like sleep more than I like booze.  So for now, that's what I tell people when they ask me to drink.  I tell them that booze make me lose sleep and after many sleepless nights, I don't want that right now.  I need to feel rested because that keeps me calm.  It keeps me grounded, healthy and ready to face the day.

No hangovers rock!  I'm also noticing that my face isn't as puffy.  I really want this sober life you all been writing about.

I'm excited to start living!


2 comments:

  1. I am so with you, sleep is crucial to my well being and attitude and being able to handle situations and most definitely staying sober! whoot whoot! Love to hear about the meditation, I have never tried but I would love to. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your support and comments. Means a lot to me. Especially hearing about your problems with ex...helped me realize that I can't be the only one going through this BS.
    :)

    ReplyDelete