Monday, November 25, 2013

I'm almost scared.  I haven't craved alcohol since my last relapse.  I actually love the feeling of being free from it!  It's not around my house....anywhere..... I have no fears of getting caught with booze in my house....(by my kids).. I have no worries about driving anywhere anymore. ( I never drank and drove but I avoided going places because I'd rather drink)......My bank account is happy again....and so are the bags under my eyes....almost gone.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still tired.... I just have to fight off different things besides booze....like the winter blues....and all the weight I've gained since I quit drinking again...other everyday stresses in my life.   I haven't worked out once in the past month and I find myself feeling the effects from this.  I just have to find the motivation to run again!

I also have to be aware....aware that the demon still lies within me somewhere....I've hurt him because I've taken my power back....but I know that he will try to come out again...when I least expect it.

This time, I feel different.   Good different.  I like the freedom.....

2 comments:

  1. I think it's because this is your last time getting sober and your first time being sober.

    Does that make any sense?

    Love and hugs and endless belief-
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. It IS a power struggle, isn't it. Between that seductive voice whispering: "Drink me, and you will feel so much better."- and the more knowing, more real voice saying, "Drink that only if you want to disappear from real life, only if you want to be Not Here". Believing that first voice for so many years- it's a challenge to ignore him, tell him to shut up and be gone." And yet it is do-able, as both you and I are discovering. Carry on!!

    CarrieK at Day #28.

    ReplyDelete