Thursday, October 24, 2013

Time to be Grateful

You know, with all the shit going on in my life, I'm so so grateful to be 70 days sober!!  If I wasn't sober, I think I would be a wreck.....

I know this because the last time I went through some of the same crap, I was drinking and I was a stress bucket.

Being sober gives me a different perspective on the bullshit.   I've come to terms with the fact that we can't control other people.   Being sober has given me a great opportunity to see things a lot more clearly.   I'm not foggy anymore.  I'm more aware now of how much people impact our lives....how they impact our decisions....how they impact our stress levels.   And....with all the shit....I'm still calmer and more serene then I've ever been!   That's why I'm so grateful!  I can see clearly....

People don't piss me off as much....I can just walk away....I can not answer the phone....I can avoid.....I can stand tall and say no......   I don't take shit....I don't hide behind the bottle and let them bring me down....

I'm grateful.   Sobriety fucking rocks once you have it by the balls!!!!!!!!    I wish anyone who is where I was 71 days ago would jump in!   Because it feels good!


I met my drunk buddies for wings and tea (for me) last night.  We had some great laughs and they asked me if I was ever going to drink again.  I said " I don't want to".  I told them how calm my life has been, even though I'm going through my nasty divorce.   I told them how more able I am to cope is....  I told them, I felt fantastic......   They seemed fine...we laughed....it was nice.  We promised to meet after work once a month and I'm totally comfortable with it....I didn't flinch upon the fact that one had a beer....I didn't even want one....I didn't even think about wanting one!  That was the best part!

I had my first sober dinner party at my house.... My sisters and their kids came over for thanksgiving dinner.  It was great!  We laughed....  Had tea....  Enjoyed the kids....

I'm slowly coming back into the world as a sober gal.   I needed some Me time and it was fantastic to discover who I am without the booze....  I'm ready for people now....

I'm grateful for being sober for 70 days for the first time since I was a teenager!

I am empowered!   You are empowered!

3 comments:

  1. OMG!!! I've been thinking about you all week! I'm so happy to hear that you're doing so well. Isn't it fantastic!

    The clarity of mind. The SLEEP. The sense of owning yourself again.

    Sheer perfection.

    Love and hugs my friend,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woot woot! Congrats Jen! I am so happy for you and I love this post, so full of energy and empowerment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I feel like I've been away for a while and now this from you..! This is FRICKING AWESOME!! Yes! You have this sobriety by the balls right now for sure. Excellent to read and all so true. The great freedom when you realise that by not drinking you are not missing out on anything. Nothing at all! We can do all the fun stuff and laugh be with people and remove ourselves from people when we need to and 'feet planted firmly on the ground' when shit goes down. Excellent post. xxxx

    ReplyDelete