Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Day 12

Finally!  A night to myself!   Holy Crap....my life has been nuts!

I managed to keep myself sober throughout the last couple weeks.  I feel amazing.  My friends came over last night with a cooler of beer which pissed me off a lot.  I drank tea but couldn't help but feel a little resentment for the disrespect in my house....  I will definitely send them a letter telling them that it was the last time they bring alcohol in my house.  I want nothing to do with it!  Nothing!   After 7 years of struggling with thinking about quitting, I finally feel empowered to do so!   I feel fantastic...clear headed, and much healthier.   I finally ran a 10 KM today while my friend slept and felt like shit from drinking last night (she had to sleep here because she couldn't drive.).

I am enjoying those stolen moments lately that I somehow would have missed if I was drinking.  My children mean the world to me...and when  my daughter randomly comes over for a big hug, I take the time to hug back and tell her how much I love her.....no more rushing it out of the way....

I've been squeezing in some reading of blog posts.  There are so many common factors between us bloggers....dealing with children...sleepless nights.....cravings......moderation efforts......  I am grateful that we have each other!.....so very grateful.

I completed Belle's class!   It was tremendously amazing to me.   I still listen to the audio recordings of her lessons at night....it's like meditation....her sooting voice and amazing strategies for sobriety puts me to sleep...peaceful.   www.fuckyouwolfie.com

I've decided to create a page called "Stolen Moments" on my blog.  It will begin in the near future.  Now that my brain is more alert and I'm living my life fully alive, I really do feel many more special moments in my life and I am so grateful that God has given me so many gifts.    I am mostly grateful for my sobriety.  Although it is only a short time, I feel a million times better.  I feel freedom that I haven't felt in a very long time.  I am able to see, hear and feel more things around me than I ever have!  I want to have a page for all of us to write about those moments....the ones we could have/would have missed if we were drinking.  

Anyhow, I started a post last week after the concert that my daughter and I went to but I haven't had time to complete it.  I am hoping to work on it tomorrow.

Thanks for your support!
Sober Jen


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for your post to me Jen. Good on you for last night. I was waiting to see how that went so hard. Get EXACTLY you mean about boundaries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you made it through last night without drinking. You should be proud of yourself on that! You sound happy and strong and I hope those feelings stick around for a very long time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you came through it...I admit I was worried. I kept thinking, "Why does she let them into her home? Why doesn't she just tell them they can't come to her house and drink?" But then I remembered in my early sober days I did things that didn't make sense (like go to parties and entertain in my home)just to prove that I didn't have to change. I needed to prove to myself that I could be EXACTLY the same...just minus the booze.

    I was so wrong. The wrongness I was can't be measured. I had to learn where the new me was going to be and so do you. And you will!!!

    Congrats on completing Belle's class! Congrats on being on day 12!!! Sober REALLY DOES ROCK THE SHIT OUT OF LIFE!

    Sherry

    ReplyDelete