Monday, September 23, 2013

Day 39!

You must try this!
Drink with straw!
Today, I must say, was the first day that I had a craving for a cold glass of iced water with lemon.  I've been drinking that all week to quench my thirst and maybe the lemon has been helping but I was content with that feeling.  It doesn't happen very often, or I could say hasn't happened very often ....



I'm almost at the 40 mark....That means I'm about 10 closer to beating my record of sober days!!  Woot Woot!!






Gaining weight has been an issue that I've been trying to deal with....I like my slim body and feel good in it....maybe cause I'm single....but that's how I like it.  I don't feel comfortable when I let myself go and eat like shit.   I must admit that eating like shit was part of my plan to help me quit drinking.  I ate sweets, salts, pastas, creamy sauces, pizza, coffee and cream.....  all that as a treat to me!   Heck, I gave up my best friend!  BEER!  My BFF is gone..... so I replaced her with something else.

I broke some of those crazy drinking habits that I was in and now that I've dealt with a few firsts....I'm ready to focus on loosing this ass!   Damn it, my pants are tight!

So...I stumbled on a blog I've been following "Oh, for the Love of me...." and she discusses The Whole 30 program that she's been following.  


30 days of clean eating!!!!   I signed up and started today!  I feel amazing.  Went out and bought the book "It Starts With Food" and will start reading it, in between blogging and catching up on Breaking Bad....I'm just starting season 3.  (I had to get into something, while I laid under my blankets on those Friday nights.  



My ex causes me a lot of grief.  Sometimes my kids are pain in the asses.   Sometimes people piss me off.  When I feel the urge to snap, crackle and pop, I take a Vitamin B with GABA....see picture on side of post.   I swear that these vitamins keep my heart from bulging out of my chest.  They are a calming vitamin....very natural.   I don't work for the company nor get paid to advertise.  I'm just a plain chick trying to find other ways of dealing with stress, instead of resorting to the calming effects of alcohol.    I take this vitamin at least 3 times a day, especially when feeling stressed.  Is it all in my head?  I don't think that matters.   It works for me.  It may work for you!

Goodnight!

See you all tomorrow for my 40th day celebration!!!!




I think I'm going to create a new blog.......   How to lose weight you've gained after quitting drinking....lol

2 comments:

  1. Welcome aboard!!!! I'm glad you decided to join. You're going to be great. Just remember that days 5-7 are hell...and then it's all good. I promise.

    And if I don't get to tell you tomorrow...happy 40th!!!!!

    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY 40TH YEEHAR!!!

    ReplyDelete